Old Mutual Wealth Kids First Rugby is a new approach to rugby at U7 - U13 at clubs and schools across the country. The Pledge means that the club has agreed to maintain and uphold certain standards which mean that Children can enjoy rugby in the best possible environment.
It’s all about helping children develop and learn the game at their own pace, and making sure they have plenty of fun while playing. As part of the programme, Gravesend RFC have committed to a range of high quality standards, which include:
In 2017/2018, Gravesend have officially taken the Kids First pledge.
• Put children at the heart of everything we do and all decisions we make.
Updated 12:53 - 10 Nov 2017 by Mike CUBITT
• Encourage fun on the pitch, through equal opportunity and realistic expectations of our children.
• Develop children's confidence and character as players and as people, challenging any behaviour that conflicts with this.
• Build the skills of our adults to provide a safe, healthy, respectful and enjoyable environment for children.
• Champion rugby's Core Values, inspiring a lifelong bond between children, adults and supporters.